Cabell Enterprises was formed in the early 1990s to house the consulting,
writing, and teaching businesses of J. Norton Cabell.
- Fair Housing Council of Oregon: Director
- Intergovernmental Housing Policy Board:
- Oregon Judicial Department, Citizen Review Board: member
- Sponsors, Inc., board member and treasurer
- 1990-2010: principal of Cabell Enterprises, providing consulting, lobbying, and educational services to and writing about and for the property management industry in Oregon.
- Worked, for most of the 1970s and 1980s, as a commercial
banker in New Hampshire, eventually becoming Senior Vice
President and Senior Loan Officer of the Dartmouth National Bank,
a $250 million community bank.
- M.B.A., University of Virginia,
- A.B., University of the South, 1968, majoring in Economics.
Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia, and Lenox
School, in Lenox. Massachusetts.
Some Former Volunteer Activities
- American Canoe Association, vice-commodore and national
- American Red Cross, chapter disaster chairman, treasurer, and
- Eugene Community Development Block Grant
Advisory Committee, chair
- Eugene Police Civilian Review Board: Chair
- Friends of the Hopkins Center and
Hood Museum of Art, president
- Mayor’s Parks and Open Space
- New Hampshire Chapter, Appalachian Mountain
- Oregon Rental Housing Association, president and treasurer
- Rental Housing Association of Lane County,
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, treasurer
- St. Vincent de Paul
Society of Lane County, member of several advisory boards
- Whiteaker Police Substation Neighborhood Advisory Board: Member and